I was planning on going to this new restaurant in Bidaa tonight with some friends, but I got a message from a friend that the venue has been changed due to toxic waste in that area.
According to Kuwait Times A wastewater recycling plant in Mishref malfunctioned yesterday due to unknown reasons, flooding the station and causing it to fill with poisonous gas. Firefighters responded to the incident but untreated sewage water from the plant is being released into street drains in the area. No casualities have been reported yet.
The Watan Daily made public the Environment Public Authority (EPA) warning against fishing and swimming on the Bidaa coast all the way down to the end of Messila.
The Ministry of Public Works has decided to divert the unprocessed sewage to the sea through the rain drainage networks. *GAG*
UPDATE: Stick to bottled water for the time being even when cooking.